Run SharePoint Server on VMware vSphere – The Best Platform for Windows for Uptime and Recoverability
SharePoint provides business-critical services to organizations worldwide. SharePoint deployments are multi-tier and rely on multiple servers and services, and often grow explosively as workgroups learn to harness capabilities for collaboration, workflow, content management and publishing. VMware vSphere facilitates rapid growth, and offers built-in capabilities that ensure high availability and rapid disaster recovery. Once you’ve experienced the benefits that VMware vSphere delivers to SharePoint, you’ll wonder why anybody does it the old way.
A SharePoint infrastructure implemented on VMware virtual machines offers the following advantages over a traditional physical deployment:
- Much more flexibility in design, deployment, and adaptation to growth
- Performance at parity with physical implementations
- Simple, inexpensive high availability options for SQL Server nodes
- Ensure dynamic scalability and rapid provisioning into your private cloud
- Eliminate constraints on scaling SharePoint services as demand grows