Zoom is an accessibility feature that makes everything from text to icons to interface elements bigger and easier to see on the iPhone and iPad.
Zoom magnification defaults to 200% but can be set from 100%-500% to help anyone with low vision of any level.
When in zoomed mode, all the standard navigation and selection gestures — tap, swipe, and pinch — work just like normal.
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Tap Zoom under the Vision section.
- Tap the switch to turn on Zoom.
Once you’ve got Zoom enabled, you can use it on the fly. Here’s how to use it:
- Double tap with three fingers anywhere on the screen to enable and disable zoom. You can do this from pretty much anywhere.
- Drag three fingers around the screen to pan around and move to another area of the screen.
- Use one or two fingers to scroll in the particular section that is on the screen.
- Tap and hold the anchor to drag the magnifying glass up and down the screen.
That’s it! You’re good to go! If you ever decide you don’t like zoom enabled, you can easily disable it by following the same steps.